CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This gave me so much encouragement this morning when i read it. I opened up my daily devotion and I know I was meant to read this today because only God knows I struggle daily with this.

While a prisoner in Rome, Paul wrote the Philippians a letter that sounds like a
shout of victory. Its theme is joy and rejoicing in the Lord.

Paul knew the secret of victory over anxiety and depression. After telling the
Philippians to rejoice in the Lord always, he advised them not to worry about
anything, but to bring everything in prayer to the Lord with thanksgiving
(Philippians 4:6). Then, instead of being worried and depressed, the Christian
would have God's peace (4:7).

Paul was well acquainted with victorious rejoicing in the Lord. When he and
Silas were evangelizing in Philippi, they were arrested, beaten, and imprisoned.

In chains in the rat-infested dungeon, they prayed and sang praises to the Lord.
Suddenly an earthquake shook the prison's foundations. The doors flew open; the
prisoners were loosed from their shackles.

Similarly, we are loosed from the shackles of depression, anxiety, fears, and
worries as we pray and rejoice in the Lord. For how can the flesh keep us down
when we are up in the Spirit?

If you rejoice in the Lord every morning, think what a difference it would make
in your life. Practice this when you awaken. Tell the Lord you love Him. Then
thank and praise Him for every blessing you can think of. Rejoicing in the Lord
will soon be a habit.

The Apostle Paul put it this way: "Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say I
again: Rejoice!" (Philippians 4:4).

Lord God,

Thank you that You alone can break the shackles of discouragement and fear.
Today I bring all my worries to You and I thank You for the victory that emerges
in my heart as I rejoice in You. Fill my mind and heart with love, thanksgiving
and praise to You today. I love You Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.



Photobucket

0 comments: